This documentation is for developers interested in pulling data directly from the CoAgMet
Below is an example of a data query:
Our script that dispenses raw data. The URL for this shouldn't change, but if it does it'll be the same script called
on by the Raw Data Access Page.
Tells the webserver that arguments are being passed.
The station you wish to retrieve data from. This must be a 5 character long identifier. A list of stations and their
station ID's can be found here.
This must be appended after every argument if there is a argument following it.
The beginning date of your query. This must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD to work. 1999-1-1 will not work.
The end date of your query. This must be in the format YYYY-MM-DD to work. 2000-1-1 will not work.
You may append daily=1 or hourly=1 depending on if you want daily or hourly data. You must choose one and only one.
If you want both please make 2 seperate queries.
You can also specify old_format=1 if you want data as received
from the datalogger. With this oprion you use both daily=1 and hourly=1.
Please try to make as few queries on our database as possible. If you must grab 100 days worth of data, try do it in one
request, not multiple ones.
CoAgMet Hourly Data Format
1. Datetime (in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
2. Mean Temperature (Celsius)
3. Relative Humidity (Fraction)
4. Vapor Pressure (kPa)
5. Solar Radiation (kJ/m^2 * min)
6. Mean Wind Speed (m/s)
7. Vector Average Wind Direction (in Degrees, 0 and 360 being north)
8. Standard Deviation of Wind Direction (Degrees)
9. Precipitation (millimeters)
10. Mean Soil Temp at 5cm (Celsius)
11. Mean Soil Temp at 15cm (Celsius)
12. Wind Gust (m/s)
13. Wind Gust Time (minutes into day)
14. Wind Gust Direction (Degrees)
CoAgMet Daily Data Format
1. Datetime (in the format YYYY-MM-DD)
2. Mean Temperature (Celsius)
3. Maximum Temperature (Celsius)
4. Time of Maximum Temperature (HH:MM:SS)
5. Minimum Temperature (Celsius)
6. Time of Minimum Temperature (HH:MM:SS)
7. Vapor Pressure (kPa)
8. Maximum Relative Humidity (Fraction)
9. Time of Maximum Relative Humidity (HH:MM:SS)
10. Minimum Relative Humidity (Fraction)
11. Time of Minimum Relative Humidity (HH:MM:SS)
12. Solar Radiation (MJ/m^2)
13. Wind_Run (km/day)
14. Precipitation (millimeters)
15. Maximum Soil Temperature at 5cm (Celsius)
16. Time of Maximum Soil Temperature at 5cm (HH:MM:SS)
17. Minimum Soil Temperature at 5cm (Celsius)
18. Time of Minimum Soil Temperature at 5cm (HH:MM:SS)
19. Maximum Soil Temperature at 15cm (Celsius)
20. Time of Maximum Soil Temperature at 15cm (HH:MM:SS)
21. Minimum Soil Temperature at 15cm (Celsius)
22. Time of Minimum Soil Temperature at 15cm (HH:MM:SS)
23. Battery Voltage
24. Year of data
25. Maximum daily wind gust (m/s)
26. Time of maximum daily wind gust (min into day NOT HH:MM as other max/min)
27. Direction of maximum daily wind gust (deg)
The above description describes the database version of the 'raw' data. The
'datalogger' version has a slightly different format:
- The first field is the table number; always 144;
- The second field is the day of the year. This replaces 'datetime';
- Times are in hhmm format rather than hh:mm:ss.
Other 'raw' data quirks are:
- Wind gust and year info was added in 2005 or so. Prior data had a 'leaf wetness' field.
- There may be fields that follow the standard fields. These are station specific.